Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Wolverine #178 Pencils

It's hard to believe that it's been almost 10 years since I pencilled these pages. I had the fortunate opportunity to work with the incomparable Matt Nixon on this issue. The reason I'm posting these pages is because this was the issue that I was working on when I paid a visit to my pals Lee Bermejo and Carlos D'Anda down at Wildstorm. Why is that the reason? Well because on that trip I got some of the most important drawing tips from Carlos that have completely reshaped how I think about drawing. I saw in his sketchbooks works of genius that completely blew my mind. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was some next-level kind of stuff. There was a sense of form and mechanics that I couldn't fathom at the time. I asked him so many questions. He was able to break down the ideas in his sketchbook in terms that I could grasp, more importantly, apply. If you EVER get a chance to meet Carlos, take the time to ask him for advice on your art. You won't be sorry. 

Here are the pages to Wolverine #178













I hope you enjoyed this post. Happy imagining, creating and sketching.
Until next time...
~FRAGABOOM!!!

1 comment: